Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar “With The Mother” For My Acid Reflux
Okay Dr. Oz, you got me convinced! From now on I will stop taking my Protonix (PPI) for my acid reflux that’s causing my LPR. I bought a Heinz brand Apple Cider Vinegar the other day but apparently the ACV that you get from the grocery store are not the right ones because they are filtered, stripping all the beneficial ingredients. So I went to Whole Foods today and bought the Bragg brand, which is organic, raw and unfiltered. Reading those things on the label make me feel better already!
Because the ACV is strong, they recommend you to dilute it, 2 tsp to an 8 ounce of water. I gave it a try earlier. I tell you, it taste like a MOTHER!!! I think next time, I’m gonna drink it in hot water with honey.
Here are some benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar:
Source: Global Healing Center
Beneficial ingredients in raw apple cider vinegar give it its power to make us feel better, look better and feel energized. Just look at some of the beneficial ingredients in raw apple cider vinegar:
- Potassium – helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny noses.
- Pectin – helps to regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
- Malic Acid – gives ACV the properties of being anti-viral, anti-bacterial & anti-fungal.
- Calcium – helps create strong bones and teeth.
- Ash – gives ACV its alkaline property which aids your body in maintaining proper pH levels for a healthy alkaline state.
- Acetic Acid – It appears that this acid slows the digestion of starch which can help to lower the rise in glucose that commonly occurs after meals.
- 1 tablespoon of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in 4 ounces of purified water after a meal has been used as a natural remedy for heartburn and as a replacement for toxic heartburn medications.
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar may help improve bowel irregularity, thereby removing toxins from the body at a faster rate.
- Helps clear up skin conditions and blemishes giving a smoother texture and complexion.
- Raw Apple Cider vinegar may also help with joint pain and stiffness.
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps to break down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them. For this reason, many diets include ACV in their regimen.
- On a small scale, ACV was studied by researchers at Arizona State University. The preliminary study was published in the Diabetes Care journal. It reported that ACV helps reduce levels of glucose.